Saturday, June 19, 2010

Love Em

Love my woadies (that's friend in ghetto speak)...


Kara was giving Julie a zerbert on her very pregnant (with twins!) belly. Please note Kara's outfit. Along with the pajama pants and nasty men's workout shirt, she had on Christmas socks and black Crocs. Oh how Kara makes me laugh.
We had a surprise baby-shower for Christal...aka an excuse to wash our hair and come out into the adult world for a few hours.I have not been in a fun place lately. Oh how I have needed to laugh. Went on a girl's night last night with a fun collection of gals and my dear friend Sharon, who came in town from Waco. Why is it that our conversation always leads to sex and children? The two things we are getting away from on girls' nights?! We actually talk about sex way more than our kids which makes for interesting looks from other tables around us. My cheeks literally hurt after last night's convo turned "dirty." (By dirty I mean giggling every time someone said the word "orgasm" and laughing at a friend as she asked a newly married gal highly inappropriate questions about her honeymoon. Of course I wanted to know the same things.) It was quite fitting as the coffee and wine bar we were at in South Austin had hired half naked (I sound like my grandma!), belly dancing, stripper-esque fire dancers to "entertain?" the crowd that night. You heard me. Half Naked Fire dancers. I love me some South Austin. But they did serve as the perfect background for our silly girl talk. I miss laughing. It's good to have some funny people around who aren't afraid to make fools of themselves. FYI: If you need a good laugh check out the blogs Cake Wrecks and Things White People Love. Glorious fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment