Monday, March 14, 2011

DONE!

First things first. My closet is user friendly! I have been seriously working hard to drop old, sloppy habits lately. One of these being an inability to keep a clean and organized closet longer than two days. The before pictures are hideous. An earlier blog entry shows the level of devastation my closet was in. I cannot even bring myself to set up a link. If you really want to see it, you'll just have to go back on your own because I have moved forward. I have mentally cut ties with that old messy closet and seek not to fan any old flames. Exhibit A: My clothes are...wait for it...color coordinated. I also took the advice of a dear pal and chunked all of our wire hangers. Soooo ugly. (I know, aren't there more important things I should be thinking about right now. Like the most devastating earthquake in Japan's, and the world's history?) I digress.
Exhibit B: Everything is in its place. I have pretty containers that are see through so I don't have to wonder where my trying-too-hard-to-be-trendy belts are. While this may look like a mess, it is actually all of my fabric. Folded. Color coordinated. Sorted by type. I know, you're salivating. I know I am.


I can see the FLOOR! Beautiful. Putting things away, instead of just throwing them on the floor and letting a pile grow until I can no longer shut the door, is the way to go. Who knew? By the way these are all pictures from my phone, hence the horrible quality.



We are getting closer to the day when we will put our lovely house on the market. I know this because things are actually getting done! Case in point...our kitchen. When we moved in I can without any hesitation say this room made me want to vomit and gave me hives. Well maybe not hives, but certainly mild tremors. Here are some before shots. Please note the two-toned cabinets as we tried to decide whether the dark look would work. Just. Lovely.
Here we were in process. Remodeling isn't for the faint of heart.

Drum roll please! I am so excited to walk into the kitchen now. I know it will be short lived but I am soaking up every light, airy minute I can. Isn't she gorgeous. Not a question. A statement. I'm just sad we don't have a better camera to give a more accurate feel of the gloriousness of this kitchen.



Blue countertops, gone. Nasty cabinet color, gone. Old appliances, gone. Blah backsplash, gone. I am one lucky woman to be married to a man who can pull off this kind of a transformation. I think I am going to sleep in the kitchen tonight. Or my closet. I can't decide which.

No comments:

Post a Comment