Thursday, October 21, 2010

15 years is a long time

1996 was the year I last saw my mom's side of the family. What in the world? That is far too long. This past weekend Emmy and I made the long trek up to the Yankee Land. We had a great time hanging with family. It is also the most beautiful time of the year in the Northeast. As Emmy said, "Just go-jus."
My grandpa and sister. Grandpa is my hero. The man served during WWII and has so many wonderful stories from his life. I wish we could have stayed longer. I also wish Emmy knew how to sit still longer than 2 minutes so I could have focused more on conversations.The normal picture.
The picture I will actually frame.
There was so much eye candy in the scenery and surroundings. An old barn at this sweet farm we bought cider and melt in your mouth do-nuts was so charming to me.

Trying to be artistic.
Ummm. I didn't even know trees could look this vibrant.

This is the town my mom grew up in. Go-jus.
Overall it was a great trip. Very emotional, but good. It is a very strange thing to visit a place you only remember from a highschooler's perspective and where the memories seem to cascade on you the moment you step off the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment