Thursday, November 4, 2010

More nesting

I think I have a problem. I need to find a "Nesting Anonymous" group. I can't leave anything alone in our home for long. I LOVE to decorate and change things and just create a sweet atmosphere for my family and friends. I guess it's better than eating too much...

I am also somewhat convicted that I would rather be blogging and decorating than spending time reading my Bible and spending time with the Lord. Maybe I should make a deal with myself that I can do neither of these things I love before I have had a quiet time. Oooo, that's good!
Remember this little find from Goodwill? It was so sad... Bam! I LOVE this piece of furniture! I sanded, primed and SPRAY PAINTED this puppy black. Then I took some sandpaper and roughed up the edges a bit. Add in some sparkly knobs and voila... my new fave re-furb. Of course Emmy has already broken her in by ripping off the two top knobs. Oh my. Toddlers. So here's where I need some help. Being this is my personal journal I don't really know how many folks actually read this. But if you are out there I want your input!!
Something about our bedroom has always bothered me. It feels too big and not very cohesive. I decided it would be fun to see what would happen if I hung a curtain in this random knook/office space to separate our bedroom from our office chaos (see below!)
I also am not in love with this wall and don't know what to do about it.So give me your honest opinion. Thumbs up or down? I literally tacked this curtain up to the ceiling and haphazardly tied it back, so that for sure needs some work if this will stay.I am also trying to bring in some more modern elements into our home. My mother-in-law bought me this lamp for my birthday when we were out shopping at Marshall's the other weekend. I like it SO much. I also really like my wreath-in-a-frame look. The wreath will sport seasonally appropriate goodies throughout the year.
I found this old orange blanket I bought years ago at IKEA last month and think it looks cool with the light blue walls and other colors in the house. I have also been told orange is so "in" this year. Ha! Like I know anything about that!!
Here's a more comprehensive look at my fall decorations. Soon to come- a family painted masterpiece on the mantle. Translation: the kids will do whatever they want to a large canvas I bought at Hobby Lobby (half off baby!) with colors I have chosen. Hopefully it will look modern and not like a hot mess.
I have some really fun ideas about traditions to start with our family during the holidays. I will jot those down next blogging time. Not before I sit down and spend time in the Word though! Thank goodness that God loves me even when I myself am a hot mess. If not we'd all be in trouble!

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE that lamp! and i think the curtain is a great idea. basically, i want your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I love all of it!! But I'm super impressed by what you did to the dresser. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete