Monday, November 22, 2010

I have problems. One of which would be this DISASTER of a closet. Before you judge though just know that I am a messy person by nature but I fight it with every fiber in my body. My closet is the only place that gets like this! I promise!

It's even worse if you get the whole view. No lie, the pile is mid-thigh. I am only posting this because of two things: one I need to confess my closet is a problem. Two, this will provide the accountability I need to clean it up before we leave to celebrate Thanksgiving. I am already getting out the old Christmas tree and decorations...what better way to come home and enjoy the coming of Christmas than to have a house decorated and a closet completely organized and cleaned!?!Oh how embarrassing. On to more fun things. I found this beautiful computer armoire on Craigslist for a steal (originally this baby was $1200. We didn't pay even a fourth of that!). I am painting it a cream color and hopefully this will help keep the bedroom feeling peaceful and not stressful with all of our work stuff lying around.

I am also in the crafting mood lately and will be making TOO MANY of these little beauties. I love these little flowers. They look so cute on a scarf, shirt or jacket. Really you can pin these bad boys anywhere!
Oh the kitchen cabinets. How I loathe you!! Slowly but surely I am making a dent on these babies. Soon you will all be a gleaming creamy white and I will hate you no more.
I love me some wreathes and I found this idea from another blog. All you need: glue gun, coffee filters and a cheap wreath. It's gonna be fun!

I am amazed by how faithful God is. Today I had some sweet time in the word and a neat opportunity to love on our friends who just lost their dog. That may not sound like a big deal but I stopped by during my run to find them dealing with the emotions of finding their sweet puppy lying still on her bed when they woke up this morning. Add in the emotions of caring for a newborn baby merely days old and my heart just ached for them. I felt so honored to have been there and to have gotten to serve them in a tiny way. Thank you God for community and the way you use us, if we are willing and listening, to care for eachother as we stumble along on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment